Perhaps the only consolation is that you're not alone in feeling a bit flat and disappointed. According to industry publication SupplyChain, a survey in 2020 of 190 financial and IT decision-makers by UK integrated business systems provider, K3 FDS, found:
- A staggering 79% were not totally satisfied with the roll-out of their ERP
- Only 8% deemed the new system was easy to use (although 93% said it was critical to their business)
- The average budget overspend was 18%
- 48% found the range of ERP solutions on offer confusing (ERP Guide anybody?)
- 56% would have been happier with a more standardised solution if it meant they'd have made significant savings to both project time and budget.
And saddest of all, a third admitted they were unsure about the level of honesty offered by their partners. None of which gets life after implementation off to a good start.