Your business success and long term growth is what we strive for. Being able to achieve this requires a close knit partnership, one built on trust, mutual respect and collaboration, which is why we believe in going on the journey with you, every step of the way.
HR Management & Payroll solutions for New Zealand businesses
Bring out the best in your people
Modern cloud-based human resource software is used by businesses of all sizes to help employees and management perform to their full potential, streamline the recruitment process, boost productivity, and improve employee satisfaction.
Struggling with a slow and difficult to use payroll system?
Tired of poor reporting, ongoing time and attendance errors and incorrect payroll calculations? Cloud-based payroll software significantly speeds up the payroll process and ensures that your business complies with all relevant New Zealand employment legislation.
“We now have a payroll/HR system that provides a much greater level of reporting; our operations team has noticed immediate results.”
“I’m very impressed with the level of support I’ve received over the last 12-18 months as we’ve improved our business processes. Fusion5 has developed some very specific reporting to help us become more efficient."
HR & Payroll Frequently Asked Questions
What functions do Human Resources (HR) software provide?
While the range of HR functions may vary from solution to solution, most will provide the following functionality:
- Job posting, recruitment, applicant tracking, hiring, onboarding, induction and offboarding
- Financial management including base salary administration, bonuses, commission, incentives, and employee recognition
- Employee information management including personal and tax details, self-service portals, job, salary and disciplinary histories, time off used and accrued
- Talent management including performance, tests, KPIs, reviews and feedback
- Benefits management including superannuation contributions, healthcare, and paid time off
- Learning and professional development including certification management, learning materials, and performance management
- Time and attendance (T&A) featuring clock-on/clock-out, time and overtime reporting and tracking, project billing, workforce scheduling, absence management and holidays.
What functions do Payroll software provide?
Your Payroll system may be a standalone solution or integrated with your HR system. Regardless, it should provide the following functionality:
- Payroll processing and management
- Direct deposit of wage and salary payments
- Management of non-traditional compensation like bonuses, adjustments to minimum cost of living etc.
- Automatic calculation of deductions for withholdings, such as taxes, retirement contributions and insurance
- Tax filing and generation of tax forms, and deduction of wage garnishments
- Employee self-service to allow employees to access their own payroll data including paid time off balances
- Reporting for your HR and accounting departments to provide an overview of your payroll budget, taxes, employee compensation and other payroll data.
How can HR software streamline recruitment processes?
Today’s HR software is designed to streamline the process for you, starting in many cases with automatic job posting to multiple employment websites and social media sites. During the process of applying online, your candidates can input their own (and hopefully more accurately captured) data, upload resumes and any other relevant documents, and answer specific questions to ensure they are suitable applicants (for example, have the work permits or minimum qualifications required for the role). The software can also scan the applications for relevant keywords relating to essential skills for the advertised position - in essence screening the applications.
Some HR systems also support the automated creation of job descriptions and provide an applicant tracking system (ATS) which automatically accepts or rejects candidates based on predetermined criteria.
What are the advantages of a cloud-based HR software?
Cloud-based HR software provides anytime, anywhere access to both management, HR staff and employees. With everything they need at their fingertips, your management team is empowered to make faster and better decisions. And your employees can securely access self-service portals to check their HR and payroll data, and update personal information.
How much time and effort is required to implement an HRIS?
Like any software solution, setting timeframes and determining required effort will depend on the system you choose, the maturity and complexity of your organisation, and which functions you wish to get up and running first.
To go from a paper-based system to the cloud is obviously a huge jump, and the process of mapping out processes and workflows, change management, implementation and training are likely to be far slower than upgrading from an existing solution. Likewise, mapping out objectives from scratch will require more workshops and documentation than updating and carrying across current processes.
How can HR software improve the onboarding experience for new employees?
HR software can help new starters get off to a flying start and settle in more quickly. With a self-service portal you can provide access to a range of information and functions before day one. New employees can input bank details, training, and qualification details, read and confirm acceptance of policies and documents, and discover more about their new employer’s business and culture through a mix of documents, news articles and videos.
What are the benefits of an HCM solution?
One of the most significant benefits of implementing a human capital management system is that you can replace repetitive, slow, and often manual tasks with automated workflows.
HCM will enable your business or organisation to:
- Strategically manage your employee lifecycle from one platform
- Extend your reach into candidate pools
- Apply higher selection standards to applications, and prequalify candidates
- Speed up onboarding processes with mobile accessibility
- Reduce paperwork and associated time and costs
- Distribute the latest employee facing materials like policies and procedures more easily
- Create greater employee engagement through self-service options
- Improve training capabilities
- Enjoy better decision making with at-hand analytics and organisational data.