As 83% of FESA’s staff are deployed out in the field it was critical for their staff to use a solution that required little training for recording incidents and hazards. As FESA’s staff had already embraced EmpowerHR’s internet-based self-service facility, it was a natural extension to use EmpowerHR’s WHS solution. This approach would provide a single source for people related information, mitigate risk with typical new system implementations and provide for a reduced change management program allowing faster deployment.
David Goyder, Workforce Planning Consultant and Project Manager for the WHS implementation at FESA, explains that one of the biggest benefits “is the massive increase of visibility as every staff member can now see the status of their incident report and the resulting preventative actions anywhere and anytime.” This was an important consideration as FESA operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year across a vast state of 2.5 million square kilometres on land, sea and air.
“This ease of access and visibility has led to a major surge of interest in Health, Safety and Welfare reporting.”David Goyder, Workforce Planning Consultant and Project Manager, FESA
David concludes that “one of the other major outcomes has been that the Health Safety and Welfare team have moved from an administrative function in spending most of their time chasing up on claims, forms, repair work etc; they are now actively becoming a business partner in working closer with the field staff, including educating staff, investigating problems (known and unknown) and putting in place improvement techniques and processes.”
- Provides an online tool to proactively manage Health and Safety issues within the existing payroll facility and kiosks
- Intuitive to use, leading to fast staff uptake
- Connect from anywhere at anytime
- Vastly improved visibility with staff now able to check status of incident reports anywhere anytime
- Greatly improved response times with incident reports being closed more quickly
- Increased accountability with staff responsible for their actions
- Health Safety and Welfare team moving from an administrative expert to a business partner
- Keeps all relevant data within the one database.
“This ease of access and visibility has led to a major surge of interest in Health, Safety and Welfare reporting.”