We are seeking a vibrant, enthusiastic, and highly experienced Solution Architect to join our team in Auckland or Wellington. We want someone who has a proven track record of success in designing the best solutions using a wide range of software focused integration and warehousing technologies. This is a rare opportunity to play a major role in contributing to the expansion of an extremely successful and rapidly growing part of the business (Data & Analytics practice).
You will lead the lifecycle of the project from discovery stage through to implementation and will be a key contributor to pre-sales activities and bid responses. As an architect within the team, you will assess options for best fit technology, lead design workshops and write technical documentation to ensure all parties are clear on the technology roadmap.
As a Fusion5 Architect you will be in the front line of creating success. You will work directly with a network of other Architects from across the business and will have the opportunity to investigate new technologies and support the overall strategic direction and development of the practice.
What will you bring?
- 8+ years of experience designing and delivering software solutions in multiple business contexts
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to deliver digital products/solutions, and working collaboratively with technical and non-technical people at all levels in an organisation
- Experience designing and implementing data platform, storage, and analytics-based solutions at an enterprise level
- Experience delivering on large-scale, complex projects
- Demonstrated track record of successfully gathering and understanding business requirements, designing realistic and effective solutions, making effective trade-offs in design and implementation, and delivering high-quality solutions to ambitious timelines
- Experience leading software delivery in Agile teams, including coaching and development of team members
- Experience modelling and coaching others to use engineering best practices such as design patterns, customer-centric design, test-driven development, continuous integration, building high-saleable platforms, application cybersecurity.
- Understanding of best-practice data strategy and governance frameworks
- Familiar in delivering Agile concepts (incl. Minimum Viable Product, Incremental Delivery, Agile Roles) and Agile ceremonies (incl. Refinement, Planning, Demo, Retrospective)
- Familiar with data lifecycles, process flows, warehousing, and front-end data insights / analytics
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience across the full application stack with some of the following languages/frameworks:
- API (Java, Spring, C#, .NET, Node.js)
- Databases (SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, cloud-managed databases)
- Cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- DevOps (Jenkins, Packer, Azure DevOps, Circle CI, Travis)
- Experience using event streaming technologies (incl. Kafka, Azure Event Hubs, Solace)
Looking after our people
Investment in people is a priority at Fusion5. We offer training certifications, career development paths and a whole range of opportunities to grow and develop professionally. Additional staff benefits include company bonus scheme, birthday leave, discounted health insurance and gym memberships, flexible working, volunteer day, free annual flu jabs plus more.
Fusion5 actively nurture a friendly and well-supported work environment and take time out to celebrate together. We have regular social occasions at all our offices, champion our own sports teams, and organise outings and events to suit all tastes. There’s an annual professionally-hosted event for all Fusion5 staff, where we share our successes and plan together for the future.
We would like to hear from you if the above sounds like you and you are passionate about making a difference, joining a company with a great culture, and taking your career to the next level.
#makingpotentialreality isn't just a hashtag - it's our mantra!