Practice Lead – Data Management (Akld)
- Can you lead the thinking on complex questions of data use and tie this back to data architecture and how Fusion5 can deliver solutions that answer those questions today and into the future?
- Do you combine deep expertise in strategy with experience in data-driven product development and a passion for ethics and doing the right thing for customers?
- Are you passionate about ensuring that customers really see the value from best-practice data handling and how this can only help leverage the value from all front-end applications?
Fusion5 is embarking on a significant phase of growth of the Data Management team and we are in need of a strong Practice Lead to support and drive this growth forward. The Practice Lead will be at the forefront of this change; ensuring the team are delivering best in market data advisory services and ensuring clients continue to leverage maximum value from data-centric solutions and products.
We are looking for an experienced Practice Lead who is a dynamic leader with strong business acumen and an extensive history in technical and strategic delivery. Alongside leading on client engagements, the successful applicant will be instrumental in defining and delivering data and analytics strategies as well as supporting clients in understanding and implementing best-fit data governance practices. The role focuses on; supporting business development efforts for the data offering, representing the data team in all pre-sales activities, and working cross-pillar to support all offerings within the Fusion5 portfolio from a data perspective.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 10 years+ experience in a data-centric role (i.e. data engineer / architect / specialist / strategist)
- 4 years+ experience in team management
- Professional experience in a consulting practice
- In-depth hands on-work experience with large-scale implementations of Analytics Cloud solutions
- In-depth knowledge of Azure technology stack including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Data Lake, Cosmos, Insights, Azure Data Bricks, Azure SQL DQ, Azure Synapse Analytics, PowerApps, LogicApps, Azure Data Factory
- In-depth hands-on work experience with implementations of Microsoft Analytics solutions, using SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- Design and implementation of end-to-end data pipelines
- Strong data quality management experience, including master data and reference data management
- Practical understanding of various ingestion options for on-premise or external data sources
- Strong background and experience in all aspects of data warehouse and Business Intelligence implementations
- Strong data modelling skills (conceptual, logical, physical)
- Extensive knowledge of data governance frameworks and processes (including control and risk management)
- Experience in designing and delivering data strategies at an enterprise-wide level (and supporting roadmaps, initiatives, and programs)
- A track record of driving change and delivery in a technology environment
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
Ideally, the candidate will also have;
- Experience using the Informatica product range; EDC, Axon Governance, IICS, Data Quality
- Experience with cloud warehousing platforms including Snowflake
- Knowledge of WhereScape (incl. WhereScape RED)
- Desire to up-skill from their traditional BI skillset (SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS) to the more advanced analytics and data engineering technologies.
If you have these skills and are interested in being a key member of a company enjoying rapid growth, then we would really like to hear from you.