- Are you an innovative and java talented developer?
- Are you interested in working in a fast-paced, agile team that is building a trans-Tasman product?
- Do you want to help redefine the HR / Payroll industry’s expectations of what makes great software?
What you will do:
We’re rolling out and continuing to build a product called Jemini which we hope will revolutionise web-based HR / Payroll software. We need more developers with the right skills and personality to fit in with our Jemini development team.
You’ll work closely with our Business Analysts, Designers, Managers, Front End Engineers and other Java Developers. Our agile development environment is implementing a versatile solution to some tricky web development problems.
Based in our Christchurch, Wellington or Auckland offices, you will join our trans-Tasman Jemini Development Team. As a member of the team, you will be involved in developing, testing, launching and iterating our new Jemini product. As we work in an agile environment, you’ll need to manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of the team.
While you'll be part of a focused development team, the wider friendly and incredibly supportive environment is celebrated with regular events and a company-wide spirit that makes Fusion5 a great workplace!
Who we're looking for:
Your key skills
- Proven experience maintaining development and deployment environments at both the client and server level
- The ability to publish good documentation to help people use the information and features you’ve built
- Excellent communication skills - really important when working across remote teams
- You'll be comfortable explaining the code you build to your fellow team mates whether they be developers, designers or analysts
- You'll be comfortable working within an agile development methodology and have experience working to agile delivery time-frames.
- At least five years’ postgraduate experience developing Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) applications
- Experience with Java frameworks
- Sound understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and design
- Experience in database design (MS SQL Server)
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience using Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Azure App Services
- Experience using version control systems like Git and Subversion
- Experience building new products.