- Are you an innovative and talented front end developer?
- Are you interested in working in a fast-paced, agile team that is building a new trans-Tasman product?
- Do you want to help redefine the HR / Payroll industry’s expectations of what makes a futuristic UI? – think 'Minority Report', 'NCIS LA'...
We’re well underway with a project to revolutionise web-based HR / Payroll software. We need another developer with the right skills and personality to fit in with our team.
You’ll work closely with our Business Analysts, Designers, Testers, Managers, Back End and other Front End Engineers. Our agile development environment is implementing a versatile solution to some tricky web development problems.
Based in our Wellington, Christchurch or Auckland office, you will join our trans-Tasman Jemini Development Team. As a member of the team, you will be involved in developing, testing, launching and iterating our new HR / Payroll product. As we work in an agile environment, you’ll need to manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of the team.
You’ll work with other Front End Developers to embrace emerging standards, while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do. On a day-to-day basis you’ll help keep our product’s front end lean and fast and ensure all features are well implemented. You’ll work with the wider development team to monitor, diagnose and fine-tune the front end performance of our application.
Who we're looking for:
- At least three years’ postgraduate experience as a front end developer
- A proven background in front end development and maintaining a portfolio of professional and personal work
- Excellent HTML5 and CSS3 skills, you know all the tricks to make things work across modern browsers
- Experience with mobile development, including adaptive and responsive techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to publish good documentation to help people use the information and features you build
- You’ll be comfortable explaining the code you build to your fellow team mates whether they be developers, designers or analysts
- You’ll know your way around Photoshop and Illustrator enough to work with designers to cut-up their designs into front end solutions
- You’ll be comfortable working within an agile development methodology and have experience working to agile delivery time-frames.
- Experience using Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence
- Experience with version control systems like Git and Subversion
- Experience with Google Analytics, Web Site Optimizer and other tracking tools
- We use LESS - experience with a CSS pre-processor (LESS or SASS) would be ideal
- Experience developing CSS UI animations for use on the web
- Experience developing web applications or native software
- Experience working with relational databases
- Exposure to Azure services
- We use a combination of Java and the ZK Java web framework. While experience in this isn’t necessary it would help as you’ll need to skill up on the job.